2022 Software Engineer Program – Summer Internship Opportunity
Fiserv is a leading provider of integrated technology, services and solutions for electronic commerce and financial services. We’re a top ranked global brand with more than 31,000 employees serving clients in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to transform how businesses connect to customers, leverage data and technology through the digital economy. We are growing our team with the following Software Engineer Internship opportunity.
About the Job
Please note the following information:
Job Title: Software Engineer Summer Internship Program
Location: New York, NY
Description: You’ll be part of a team that designs and develops software applications. Your work will consist of contributing to specific projects and tasks such as researching and interviewing users, writing code, debugging programs and testing software. You’ll also have opportunities to collaborate with other interns on new ideas and projects. As an intern at this company, you will also have access to training in various technologies including C++ programming language, SQL databases design & implementation etc…
Who You Are
- You should be a student in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- You should be able to work full-time during the summer.
- You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have no problem taking on tasks that may seem overwhelming at first, but are rewarding once you get started (e.g., working with others on projects, learning new technologies).
- You should be willing to take on a variety of tasks (both big and small), including some that may not directly relate to software development.
What You’ll Do
As a Summer Software Intern at Fiserv, you’ll work with a team to deliver a set of business critical projects. You will assist with the creation of an enterprise-wide ecosystem that allows Fiserv to grow our client base.
- Work closely with other software engineers across different teams
- Participate in design and implementation activities for new software features and capabilities
- Write code using industry best practices
What We’d Like to See
At [COMPANY NAME], we’re looking for software engineers who have a passion for technology, a desire to learn and grow, and a willingness to jump in and get their hands dirty. We value people with the drive to take on new challenges, who are eager to collaborate and build relationships with their teammates. And it’s important that you share our desire make an impact; this isn’t just another job—it’s an opportunity to join something bigger than yourself.
Plus, we look for potential based on these behaviors and characteristics
- You have a drive for results.
- You are customer focused.
- You are collaborative, team oriented and enjoy working with others.
- Your communication skills are strong and you can explain technical concepts in plain English to non-technical people – including your grandparents!
- You’re not afraid of change or new ideas, but also know when to follow directions from higher-ups (and why it’s important).
– Drive for results
The ability to drive for results is the foundation of your success as a software engineer. You will be expected to set and achieve goals, work independently, and work in teams.
- You must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while taking on tasks that are outside of your current role. This can include coding projects or software engineering projects outside of our standard curriculum (such as building something new).
- It’s important that you have the work ethic necessary for success in the field, which includes being able to put in long hours when needed by both yourself and your employer.
– Customer focus
The customer focus of our program cultivates a strong sense of collaboration, communication and teamwork. We work together with each other and our customers to find innovative solutions that improve the way they do business.
Our internship program provides opportunities to work on real-world problems facing the industry today; your contributions will make an impact that can be seen by thousands of people every day. You will learn how to develop creative solutions through hands-on experience in a team environment that fosters innovation, collaboration and professional growth.
– Collaboration and teamwork
One of the most important aspects of being a software engineer is working well with other team members. You will be expected to collaborate on projects and problems with other engineers and designers, so it’s important that you are able to communicate your thoughts clearly. In addition, because we work in a global environment, you must be able to work effectively with people from different departments across our remote offices as well as those who live outside of the United States.
Finally, because we build products that are used around the world by people from all cultures (including yours), it’s also essential that you can embrace diversity while maintaining an open mind about what others have to say or offer—regardless of their gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation/preference or religious beliefs
– Communication skills
- Being understood
- Understanding others
– Innovation and creativity
You will be responsible for:
- Using your creativity to solve problems in the context of the software engineering domain. You will be expected to use your creativity and problem solving skills to identify novel solutions that meet our company’s business objectives and help drive innovation within the company.
- Creating new ideas or products (e.g., implementing a new feature, etc.). You’ll need strong communication skills both written and verbal, as well as a strong desire to see things through from start to finish!
In the role, you will be working to deliver a set of business critical projects, assisting with the creation of an enterprise-wide ecosystem that allows Fiserv to grow our client base.
In this role, you’ll work with a team of experienced developers, designers and product managers to create new features for an existing suite of software products. The products are used by millions of people in the financial services industry every day.
You will be working on a product that is used by millions of people in the financial services industry every day.
We are looking for an intern who is ready to take on this exciting opportunity and be part of a team that is working hard to transform the financial services industry. If you think you have what it takes, apply today!