African american male scholarships
American Society of Military Comptrollers Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC), a nonprofit educational organization that supports professional development and provides resources for defense financial management professionals. The ASMC awards scholarships to students who are pursuing careers in public service, especially in the fields of defense comptrollership, accounting, information technology, or finance.
Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration for this award, you must be an African American student or the child of an active member of the ASMC. You must also be enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year college or university as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Beta Sigma Psi Scholarships
- You must be a member of the Christian fraternity Beta Sigma Psi.
- You must be in good academic standing and making progress toward graduation.
- You must be a full-time student, pursuing your first undergraduate degree.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Black Excel African American Student’s College Guide
If you’re an African American student, there are plenty of scholarships and grants available for your education.
- SECTION 1: COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Financial Aid, Scholarships, College Applications
- SECTION 2: BLACK EXCEL 100 SCHOLARSHIP LIST (1 OF 2)
Black Excel has compiled a list of 100 scholarships for African-American students that are worth $1,000 or more. These are the top programs to help minority students achieve their college dreams. Scholarships listed in this book generally cover college expenses over and above other forms of aid such as Pell Grants. They also offer information on obtaining general financial aid if needed.
- SECTION 3: BLACK EXCEL 100 SCHOLARSHIP LIST (2 OF 2)
Black Excel is pleased to announce its second edition of “The Black Excel 500” (ISBN 0962936047). The book features 500+ scholarships, awards & post graduate fellowships for African Americans and minorities! It’s a great resource for Black college students and parents who need financial aid to go to school.
Black United Fund of Michigan Scholarship Program
- Requirements: This scholarship is only available to African-American males who are residents of Michigan.
- Application Deadline: May 1
- Award Amount: Varies
- More Information: https://www.blackunitedfundmi.org/programs/scholarship-program/
National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering Scholarship Program
The National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering Scholarship Program (NACME) was founded in 1970. The program awards scholarships of $3,000 to $5,000 to African American, American Indian and Hispanic students across the U.S. and Puerto Rico who are in the top 15% of their class and pursuing a degree in engineering from an accredited institution. NACME scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic standing, financial need and leadership potential. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to apply for this award; international students are not eligible for these funds. Additionally, applicants must have completed their freshman year at an engineering school that is accredited by ABET (formerly Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology). This award is only available to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher at a four-year institution or pursuing an associate degree at a two-year institution with plans to transfer into a four-year program later on.
The National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) Scholarships
- To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; African-American; an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student pursuing a degree in an HR-related field; and enrolled in at least one credit hour.
- The NAAAHR awards scholarships to African-American students who are pursuing careers in human resources. This organization seeks to promote the professional development of its members and help them advance in their careers.
National Bar Association Scholarships
Through its scholarship program, the NBA provides financial assistance to law students attending accredited law school in the United States and Caribbean. The awards are offered annually to students preparing for a career in law.
The NBA Academic Scholarship Program is designed to assist financially needy students who have demonstrated academic achievement and leadership ability. In addition, recipients must have demonstrated a commitment to community service.
National Business League Scholarships – The NBL, Inc. is the nation’s oldest African-American business trade organization. Each year, the organization awards up to $10,000 in scholarships to African-American students.
The NBL has been around since 1900, and most of its efforts are in the form of advocacy for African-American businesses. In addition to scholarships, the organization provides resources for business owners and entrepreneurs.
There are a variety of scholarships for African American male students.
In this section, we will be giving out a list of scholarships for African American male students. There are also some tips on how to find scholarships. If you find one that interests you, be sure to check the funding body’s website to confirm eligibility and apply before the deadline.
List of Scholarships for African American Male Students
- [The UNCF-Merck Undergraduate Science Research Scholarship Program](https://www.uncf.org/graduate-students/the-uncfmerck-science-research-scholarship)
This program provides full tuition and fees, room, board and a book allowance for up to four academic years at an accredited institution of the student’s choice within the United States. For more details on this scholarship, visit their [website link](https://www.uncf.org/graduate-students/the-uncfmerck-science-research-scholarship). You can also visit [this link](https://www.uncf.org/undergraduates) to see other scholarship opportunities offered by UNCF Merck Science Research Scholarship Program