American express internships
Global Business Development, Product Management and Marketing (GBDMM) Internship
Our GBDMM Internship allows you to work with a mentor and develop your skills in product management, business development, analytics and market research. As an intern you will be expected to take on a project that will impact the way we do business, travel and obtain new skills throughout the program. You will also be part of a team and spend time working on projects that matter. This internship is for students interested in pursuing careers in marketing or strategy consulting following graduation.
The program includes mandatory intern training sessions, lunch-and-learns with members of our senior leadership team, opportunities for community involvement and offsite events that allow you to learn about our company culture first hand. You may be eligible for an international assignment as part of this internship based on business needs.
Global Commercial Services Internship
As a Global Commercial Services Intern, you will learn how we work with our customers to solve their business challenges as well as how to create a best-in-class customer experience. In this position, you will work with a team to develop and deliver innovative products and services that make it easier for our customers to grow their businesses. You will join an internship program where you can learn about the American Express commercial business from leading sales executives and participate in a meaningful internship project that builds your skills. The skills you develop during your internship will serve as the foundation of your career development at American Express while providing valuable training in the world of sales and relationship management.
- Assist Sales Executives with day-to-day activities such as preparing proposals, renewals, presentations, and reports
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Sales Executives by managing expense reporting, calendar management, call campaigns, event coordination etc.
- Attend weekly pipeline calls with executives to review current opportunities
- Participate in monthly sales meetings; present on assigned projects or topics
Global Account Management Internship
As a Global Account Management intern, you will be based in one of our global locations, focusing on relationship management with key clients and driving new business opportunities. You’ll work closely with the team to learn how to engage with clients around business needs and deliver innovative solutions to help them grow their own businesses. Interns are expected to work 24-40 hours per week during this program.
Responsibilities Key responsibilities include:* Interacting effectively with relevant internal parties to understand AMEX products, services and offers* Participating in cross functional projects supporting client relationships* Using your analytical skills and knowledge of financials to support client growth
Desired Profile Undergraduate junior or senior entering your final year of full time academic study in a related discipline. Individual must be eligible for an internship assignment by his or her university and meet all requirements for work authorization in the country where the position is located. A minimum 3.5 GPA is required along with an aptitude for quantitative analysis. Strong communication skills (oral/written) required as well as the ability to manage several projects simultaneously under tight deadlines within a fast paced environment.
Digital Strategy and Business Intelligence Internship
As a Digital Strategy and Business Intelligence Intern, you’ll get the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in data science, machine learning, data mining, data visualization and big data. You’ll also have the chance to learn various programming languages such as R, Python and SQL.
Our interns are encouraged to share their ideas and learn from each other through our intern program activities. We want you to feel comfortable sharing your voice among your peers. Not only will you get great experience working with your team on impactful projects, but you’ll also be able to attend workshops that help develop your professional skills with the end goal of preparing you for full-time employment in our company.
Digital Strategy & Business Intelligence internships are offered at our New York, Phoenix and Salt Lake City offices for undergraduate students pursuing degrees in computer science or related fields of study.
Predictive Analytics and Modeling Internship
Here’s what you need to know about the Predictive Analytics and Modeling Internship at American Express:
- You’ll build predictive models for risk management and fraud detection. This means that you’ll work with business partners to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. The goal is to find ways of detecting fraud before it happens. These models will help business units across the company better understand their risk exposure, opportunity value, and other factors related to financial planning.
- Quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills are a must. You’ll need to be able to quickly grasp nuances in complicated concepts so that you can identify practical solutions for addressing different issues.
- You’ll have opportunities for learning about a wide variety of knowledge areas related to your work at Amex (e.g., data mining techniques, machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling).
Merchant Solutions Data Science Internship
As a merchant solutions data science intern, you will work with a team to provide insights that generate value for American Express. You’ll explore, analyze and visualize data to build advanced machine learning models that drive business impact. In addition to the unique opportunity to deliver on high-value projects, our interns are exposed to various networking events, learn about their specific business unit and other functions across the company. Interns also benefit from having an assigned mentor who will ensure they gain valuable experiences throughout their internship.
- A one-of-a-kind experience working for a prestigious global brand in an open and collaborative culture.
- The chance to get exposure to different areas of the company through speaker sessions and networking opportunities.
- A dedicated mentor who is invested in helping you succeed professionally and personally during your internship experience at American Express.
Data Science: Internet of Things (IoT) Internship
- Internships are available in over 20 countries across the globe.
- Internships are available in departments ranging from Information Technology and Finance to Human Resources, Marketing, Operations and Risk Management.
- Internships are offered year-round in Data Science with a specific focus on Internet of Things (IoT) for students who’ve recently graduated or about to graduate with an undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics or related degree.
American Express offers many internships
- What is an internship?
An internship is an opportunity for students to learn about a particular career field by working in it. Internships are usually completed during college or university, but may also be undertaken by high school students and graduates.
- Why are internships important?
Internships can provide valuable work experience that will look great on your resume when you’re applying for full-time positions after graduation. Additionally, if the internship you choose offers relevant training in a specialized software or skill set, this can help differentiate you from other job applicants who don’t have the same level of expertise.
- How can you find an internship?
There are a number of ways to find internships. Many universities have dedicated resources that help connect students with employers offering internships in their area of study. You can also visit sites like Indeed and search for opportunities near where you live or at companies that interest you. Large companies often have many different locations around the world—for example, if Google interests you, but there aren’t any offices near where you live, consider looking into opportunities at one of their international locations like London or Zurich.