Bank of England summer internship application process
To be eligible for Bank of England summer internship you will need to be in your penultimate year of study and be expecting to graduate in 2019. You will also either already have gained a 2:1 or expect to gain a 2:1 degree classification.
You do not need any previous work experience, and there are no specific subjects that you need to have studied.
It is essential that you meet the eligibility criteria so please ensure that you check this before applying.
The application is completed online.
- The first step is to select the programme that you’re applying for.
- You will then be asked to complete a registration form.
- This includes entering information such as your name and email address, so that the bank can contact you if necessary.
- After this, you will be asked to create a username and password.
- You will then be logged in to your account, where you’ll be able to fill in your application details.
- You can save your application and return to it at any time until the application deadline.
- You can also complete the application in more than one sitting if needed; simply log back into your account using the username and password created earlier.
- Please note that we recommend filling out the application on a laptop or desktop computer rather than via mobile phone or tablet, but this isn’t compulsory.
It’s best to use a laptop or desktop computer rather than your mobile phone or tablet.
You’ll need to use a laptop or desktop computer to apply for the Summer Internship. It’s best not to use your mobile phone or tablet.
This is because the application process involves viewing a video, completing an online form and taking an online test.
Once you have begun an application, you can save it and return to it at any time.
Once you have begun an application, you can save it and return to it at any time. This is particularly useful if there are different sections that require different inputs.
To save your application at any point:
- Click ‘Save and return’ which can be found on the top right-hand side of every page
- You will need to confirm your email address by clicking a link in an email that we will send you. We recommend using a laptop or desktop computer rather than your mobile phone or tablet for this stage.
Returning to your application:
- To return to the programme page, simply click on ‘Programmes’ in the black ribbon at the top of the page and select ‘Summer Internship Programme’. This will take you back to the programme summary page from where you can access your saved application by clicking on the green button labelled ‘My applications’.
It is good to know the guidelines before applying
One of the most important parts of the summer internship application process is knowing and following the guidelines. If you know the guidelines, it will be easier for you to apply and interview for the job. The guidelines are there for a reason! They help you to apply in a way that is easy for everyone.