Companies that offer internships for international students
Bank of America
Bank of America is a multinational investment bank that offers internships in the United States. Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and are paid at least $18.00 per hour, depending on department and location. Interns also receive several benefits, including access to training programs, events, and opportunities for networking.
Interning at Bank of America is a great choice for international students who want to gain experience in finance or technology while working in the United States.
You’ll have a lot of company if you intern at Microsoft. The company has hired interns from universities all over the world, from Yale to the National University of Singapore. While there are several types of internships available, they all offer competitive compensation and perks such as free housing and travel expenses. These internships are open to both undergraduate and graduate students with previous relevant work experience in their respective fields.
Google offers internships in the US and UK. These internships usually last 12 weeks and some come with relocation packages. Interns at Google can expect to work in fields such as software engineering, product management, UX design and marketing.
Apple has an exciting internship program for international students, which lasts for 12 weeks.
They are also known to pay their interns well and provide opportunities to work with innovative technology in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, interns can take advantage of the gym and eating facilities on Apple’s campus, as well as participate in orientation events and an appreciation day that features high profile speakers, gift bags, and prize giveaways. The recruitment process is highly competitive, with preference shown towards candidates who display strong communication skills and have experience working with team members from diverse backgrounds.
In order to apply for an internship at Amazon, you must:
- Be available for a minimum of 10 weeks
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s or master’s degree program
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
Oracle is a multinational computer technology corporation based in Redwood Shores, California. It offers internships in the United States to undergraduate students interested in a career in technology.
Oracle summer interns get real-world experience working on projects that matter for one of the world’s largest tech companies. Interns at Oracle typically work on small teams of 5-10 people and are assigned to mentors who can provide guidance and answer questions as they arise.
Interns will also be invited to attend networking events across the country where they can meet with other Oracle interns and employees, hear from leadership, learn about the different opportunities available at Oracle, and network with key players across the company.
- Facebook: This social media giant is one of the top tech companies in the world. Facebook offers a number of different internships at their various offices around the globe and in a variety of disciplines. The application process is fairly rigorous, with short answer and essay questions to answer on top of your resume and cover letter. If you are accepted as an intern, you will likely be paid well for your time there.
- can sponsor H1B visas for internationals
- full-time employees can also sponsor dependents
- has a very active employee resource group for internationals (GLOBE)
- GLOBE helps connect employees to the local community
American Express Internships
- Internships at American Express (AXP) are available in the U.S., India, Mexico, and the U.K.
- For example, in the U.S., you can find internships in marketing and business development with American Express Merchant Services.
- American Express offers internships in marketing, operations, accounting or finance that take place at their New York City office.
- In addition to a competitive salary, these interns receive a company-provided laptop computer
Companies like Google and Microsoft may be able to offer American work visas to successful international interns.
Companies like Google and Microsoft may be able to offer American work visas to successful international interns. Be sure to research which companies are more likely to offer this perk, as well as the types of visas they can offer. If you’re looking for training and development opportunities in the United States, these companies will likely be your best bet.