Do Medical Students Get Paid During Internship in India
Internships are an important part of the medical field. The internship period is usually one year; however, it can vary from six months to two years. Some interns may not be paid during this time, while others may be paid a small amount each month. This depends on the hospital and location (in India).
They get something.
Yes, you are right. Interns get paid for their internship. Every student has to complete 12 months of internship in a hospital before he/she can practice as a doctor and it is mandatory for them to be paid during this time period. In India, the amount ranges from Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 per month which is quite reasonable considering that they get free lodging and food as well as medical benefits covered under an employment contract.
It is mostly about clinical experience.
The internship is mostly about clinical experience. As a medical student, you have to learn the basics of the clinical practice. You need to learn how to take patients’ history, how to take their blood pressure, and how do take their temperature. It is mostly about learning those things which are related to patient care. So it is not just about theoretical knowledge; it’s more about practical application of your theoretical knowledge in the hospital setting.
They have to pay for their lunch.
You will be paid some money to spend on lunch and snacks during your internship. You don’t get paid very much, but it’s better than nothing. You will not get a paycheck at the end of your internship because you need to pay for food with this money. After finishing your internship, they give you back the money they were holding onto for you.
You can take care of your health expenses but can do…
But, you can manage your expenses and save some money. This will help you in the future.
You can survive without getting paid or taking care of your health expenses but it is better to get paid during internship in India so that it does not become a burden for you after completing your education.
A Intern gets paid from Rs. 200-800 per month, depending on the hospital and location (in India).
- A Intern gets paid from Rs. 200-800 per month, depending on the hospital and location (in India).
- This amount is enough to manage themselves during their 1 year internship period and they don’t have to pay for their food or lunch because it’s provided by the hospital.
- You can take care of your health expenses but can do without a lot of money, as you are still a student who doesn’t have any experience in life yet.
- You can’t expect a lot of money from this job because interns are generally students with no prior work experience or knowledge about finance management, so they usually don’t have enough money sense to save up for future expenses like buying an apartment etc., besides being able to afford just about anything else at present time is also difficult too without much effort being put into finding one’s own place firstly before even considering other financial commitments including paying rent etc..
This amount is enough to manage themselves during their 1 year internship period….
On the other hand, if you are a medical student who has completed their internship and have got an offer letter from a hospital then it’s time for you to get ready for a payment. But wait!
This amount is enough to manage themselves during their 1 year internship period, but not more than that. So if you want more money then there are some options given below:
- You can go for private practice or start their own clinic as they are now eligible as doctors after completing their internship (more than 50 % of our students do this).
- They also get paid Rs 500/- per month by hospitals where they do their internships (in some cases), which will be useful for them when they start working at private sectors like hospitals, nursing homes etc., after completing their MBBS degree or PG Diploma in Ophthalmology or ENT etc..
It’s tough, they pay Rs 500 if they are paid and moreover they have to pay their fees whole year during their internship period
- It’s tough, they pay Rs 500 if they are paid and moreover they have to pay their fees whole year during their internship period
- Internships are mostly unpaid in India but medical students get paid during internship in the USA and Canada. However, most of the internships paid there are highly competitive with very low acceptance rates.
In conclusion, medical students get paid during internship. This is the first step towards becoming a doctor and earning an income from it. The salary may be small but still, it is better than nothing. It’s a good way for students to gain experience which will help them in future when they become doctors.