engineering companies that hire international students
Airbnb is known as a hospitality company focused on making travel more accessible and affordable, but they also have offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Paris, London, and more. They hire many international students for various positions; the website lists job categories like product design, operations and customer experience, engineering and data science, marketing and communications, legal and policy affairs. The company’s focus on internationalism makes it an appealing place to work for international students.
Flickr is an image hosting and video hosting service, as well as an online community. It was created by Ludicorp in 2004. It has changed ownership several times and has been owned by SmugMug since April 20, 2018. In addition to being a popular website for users to share and embed personal photographs, the service is widely used by photo researchers and by bloggers to host images that they embed in blogs and social media.
As of October 2019, Flickr had a total of 87 million registered members and more than 3.5 million new images uploaded daily.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 and is based in Los Angeles, California. Riot Games is a game publisher and developer. Riot Games is best known for developing League of Legends. The company’s mission is to “be the most player-focused game company in the world,” according to their website. Every aspect of the games they release are developed with the goal of delivering experiences that are enjoyed by as many players as possible, from gameplay to community interaction to live events and more. In addition to League of Legends, Riot has published Teamfight Tactics (a strategy-based auto battler), Legends of Runeterra (a card game set within the League universe), Valorant (a tactical shooter), and several other titles.
Twitter is a social networking service that allows you to follow and interact with people and companies you care about. Twitter can be an incredible resource for various kinds of information, but it’s particularly useful for the following:
- Staying up-to-date on trends in your field or industry. You can follow individuals or groups that are involved in your field. For example, if you’re interested in space tech, follow NASA, SpaceX, or Elon Musk!
- Getting news as it happens. Many journalists have personal Twitter accounts where they share their stories; often what they’re sharing is breaking news!
- Networking with peers across the country (or world). Use Twitter to build relationships with students who are going through what you’re going through. This way you can share tips and tricks!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, California. A subsidiary of the American company Activision Blizzard, it was founded by Michael Morhaime, Frank Pearce and Allen Adham on February 8, 1991 as Silicon & Synapse. The company initially became popular for creating the best-selling real time strategy games Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (1994) and Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (1995). Later releases in their Warcraft franchise included the multiplayer online role-playing games World of Warcraft (2004) and its sequels, including World of Warcraft Classic released in August 2019. They also developed the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Diablo (1996) and its sequels such as Diablo III (2012).
After years of success with their original franchises, they were responsible for two new franchises that are still being released today; StarCraft in 1998 and Overwatch in 2016. With these new franchises came a number of other games including Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (2014), Heroes of the Storm (2015), Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout (2018), which includes characters from Call of Duty Zombies as well as Overwatch characters, amongst others.
Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe Systems is a company that develops and licenses computer software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. They also provide web analytics services. If you are interested in the development of software products, you may be a good fit for this company.
There are many opportunities to work with Adobe Systems all over the world, including San Jose, California (this is where their headquarters are located) and Mumbai, India. Adobe Systems has been around for over 30 years, so it’s safe to say that this is a very successful company with a large reach across international borders.
Behance is an online platform to showcase and discover creative work. It has been acquired by Adobe Systems Incorporated. The Behance network reaches over 19 million people worldwide every month, with 90% of its members being located outside the United States. This company allows creatives to promote their work and find opportunities that are relevant to them through a job listing section on their site called Joblist. They also host events such as their annual 99U Creative Conference in New York City, which features speakers from companies like Google, Facebook, Apple Inc., Microsoft Corporation and many more. The conference is a place for designers, writers, architects, illustrators – you name it! -to come together and share ideas about how they can continue innovating their craft while staying true to who they are as artists at heart.”
- Tumblr, Inc. is a microblogging and social networking website founded by David Karp in 2007 and currently owned by Automattic.
- The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog.
- Users can follow other users’ blogs, as well as make their blogs private. Much of the website’s features are accessed from the “dashboard” interface, where the option to post content and posts of followed blogs appear.
Now that you have all the info on Tumblr, it’s time for you to apply!
- Viki, Inc. is a global video streaming platform that offers subtitled and dubbed entertainment in 200+ languages.
- Viki, Inc. was founded in 2007 with headquarters in San Mateo, California
- Viki is a subsidiary of Rakuten.
These are all companies that hire international students to work for them.
You’ve worked hard during your time as an international student in the US, and now you’re close to graduating and ready to start your career. There are tons of companies that hire international students, where you can use your engineering degree. Here are ten of those companies:
- Big tech companies: Google, Amazon, Microsoft etc.
- Smaller tech companies: Boxed, Stitch Fix, etc.
- Non-tech companies: Ralph Lauren Corp., Conde Nast Publications, Inc., etc.