human resources internships in london
We are looking for a talented and energetic, both creative and analytic, to join our Human Resources team.
As an HR intern, you’ll have the chance to learn about what makes a business tick and how it’s structured. You will gain insight into the various roles in Human Resources including recruitment, employee relations and talent management. You’ll be working closely with your line manager and other senior team members to support key areas of activity within the department including:
- Employee relations – supporting staff who have queries about their terms & conditions or disciplinary processes
- Talent management – helping out with interview processes, putting candidates through psychometric tests (or developing them) and administering performance reviews
- Recruitment – collaborating with hiring managers across multiple functions on recruitment processes
Working in the Field HR function and reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the team in delivering HR services, initiatives and projects across all operational sites.
- Working in the Field HR function and reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the team in delivering HR services, initiatives and projects across all operational sites.
- You will also support on-boarding new employees, as well as general process improvements in line with company values.
- You will have a good understanding of WAMCO’s organizational structure, including people processes within each functional area (e.g., Learning & Development).
The role will include a mix of operational and strategic HR responsibilities with a particular focus on improving the policies, processes and levels of customer service within HR.
The role will include a mix of operational and strategic HR responsibilities with a particular focus on improving the policies, processes and levels of customer service within HR. The successful candidate will gain great exposure to senior management as they work closely with senior managers in the company.
The areas in which you will be working vary depending on your skillset and experience but could include:
- Operations: creating and completing employee file audits; processing new employees; payroll run processing (including recruitment expenses); supporting daily payroll tasks such as giving annual leave etc.
- People development: supporting managers to deliver high quality coaching sessions; assisting managers with expense claims, appraisals and pay reviews; managing staff rotas including vacation requests; recruiting graduates into the business
This is a terrific opportunity for an individual who is looking to fast-track their career within HR.
This is a terrific opportunity for an individual who is looking to fast-track their career within HR. You will work with very senior members of our team and be exposed to the breadth of work that goes on in the department.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference at all stages of your internship, from helping out with recruitment activities, through to supporting projects focused on improving employee wellbeing. You’ll also get an insight into many different aspects of HR including equality and diversity issues, training & development or employee relations support. The fast paced environment here often means you’ll get hands-on experience in areas such as payroll administration or benefits advice in addition to working on other projects that may not come up all year round!
The role is hands-on, varied and challenging with great exposure to senior management.
This role is hands-on, varied and challenging with great exposure to senior management. You will have the opportunity to learn about finance, sales and marketing as well as explore how HR can support the business.
The internship offers a fantastic opportunity for you to network with other interns who will be working in different departments. The team at [COMPANY NAME] is always happy to help with any questions you may have or provide guidance on your future career development after the internship programme has concluded.
The ideal candidate will be bright, driven and confident with a genuine interest in people.
The ideal candidate will be bright, driven and confident with a genuine interest in people. They’ll also have the following qualities:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with a range of people from across the business
- Enthusiastic, motivated and enthusiastic about getting involved in projects and having fun along the way
- Team player who works well with others as part of an effective team environment
- Organised individual who can manage workload effectively, prioritise tasks accordingly, stay on top of deadlines and use their initiative when necessary
- Good attention to detail while working under pressure or tight deadlines
- Good time management skills and ability to work both independently or collaboratively within small teams (up to 20 people)