internships uk 2022
What are internships?
- What are internships?
Internships can be a great way for students to gain real-world experience and make connections in their field of study before they graduate. Internships can be full time or part time, paid or unpaid and can last from 3 weeks to 6 months depending on the company. Some companies offer work experience programs where you’ll be able to get valuable work experience while still being able to complete your studies at university. Most internships will require you to complete some kind of project that helps the company with their day-to-day activities such as research projects or data analysis tasks (for example).
Why do an internship?
- Internships are a great way to try out a career, whether you’re still deciding what you want to do or just want some experience.
- They can help you gain skills and build your CV.
- You can learn about different jobs by doing them for real.
- They will help you build your network of contacts and make new friends who could be useful in future job applications.
Summer internships in the UK – the ultimate guide
- Paid or unpaid
Unpaid internships are a contentious topic, with some companies offering the opportunity to work for free in exchange for experience. However, unpaid internships are illegal unless it can be proved that the employer would not have offered a job to the applicant if they were not working there as an intern. Therefore, if you are being asked to do something that looks like a job – i.e., research and development – then you should always insist on payment.
- Internships for everyone
Internships aren’t just for students; people of all ages can benefit from them as long as they are prepared to work hard and learn new skills. While many internships are based around university degrees or vocational training courses, it is also possible to get an internship through personal connections or simply by approaching companies directly.
How to find and apply for a summer internship in the United States
To find and apply for a summer internship in the United States, there are several ways:
- Sign up to GradConnection.com.
- Use the GradConnection search tool to find available internships across the country and at different companies. You can also meet employers at gradconnection events; they’ll be able to tell you more about their openings and requirements. Searching on Google is another way of finding US summer internships, as well as asking your institution’s careers service for advice on how best to apply for positions that interest you. Look out for internships advertised on social media too—these tend to be less formal than those advertised by specific companies or universities, but they can still offer valuable experience! Finally, LinkedIn is an excellent resource where you can get in touch with professionals who work within your industry sector or field of study—they may know about some amazing opportunities that aren’t yet listed anywhere else!
Where to apply for internships and co-ops in Australia
- Check out the internship website. Make sure you research the company and see if it’s a good fit for you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, especially if there’s something that isn’t clear or wasn’t made clear during the interview process. Ask about what kind of work experience they’re looking for, how long their internships last, whether or not they have any specific requirements (like being fluent in another language). Also ask about what salary range candidates should expect—this will give you an idea of how much money they’re willing to pay interns (which is often less than what full-time employees make).
The top internships for girls in STEM
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Recent graduates, you need to know about these 25 companies hiring now
25 companies hiring now
You’ve spent years in school, and your degree is finally done. Now what? Well, it’s time to get started on your career by landing a job at one of these 25 companies that are recruiting now. Whether you want a creative internship or an entry-level position with room for growth, these companies have got you covered. And if you’re looking for more than just opportunities to work in the U.K., we’ve also included some opportunities in Europe!
The list below includes some companies that are always hiring as well as others that are only recruiting during certain times of year (like right now). Each listing features details about each opportunity—what kind of role they’re looking for, where they’re based, how much they pay and more!
To find out more about internships and other opportunities for students and recent graduates, sign up at gradconnection.com/register
You can find out more about internships and other opportunities for students and recent graduates, sign up at gradconnection.com/register.