law firms in london internships
Allen & Overy
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Berwin Leighton Paisner
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) is a major international law firm headquartered in London. Established in March 2014 by the merger of Berwin Leighton and Paisner, BLP has over 1,100 people including more than 500 lawyers and is among the top tier of UK law firms.
The firm’s core business areas include banking & finance; corporate & commercial; dispute resolution; employment & pensions; real estate & construction; tax & regulatory
In line with its ethos of leadership, training and development, Clifford Chance offers a summer vacation scheme for those who have just finished their first year at university. The firm hires around 50 interns each year and they work alongside qualified lawyers on projects that are important to the business.
The deadline for applications is 15 April 2019. Candidates must be students who will be able to take part in the programme during July. Applicants must also demonstrate that they will be able to commit to working full-time for 10 weeks during this period (August – October 2019). The salary for this internship is £17,500 per month or £40k for the entire duration of the programme.
CMS is an international organisation of lawyers with over 70 offices worldwide, offering Business Law and Tax Law advice. Founded in 1818, CMS has over 4,800 lawyers across its offices in the UK, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Cooley LLP is a law firm with offices in Palo Alto, New York City and Washington DC. The firm’s website says it has “pride” in its reputation for having the “most diverse team of lawyers in Silicon Valley”, but doesn’t list any specific figures or statistics.
Practice areas: Corporate law, litigation and dispute resolution, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, real estate
Vacation scheme: Yes
Training contract: Yes
Salary: From £17,500 to £20,000
At Dentons, we believe our people are our greatest asset. Our inclusive culture, where people can be themselves and be heard, is what makes us a great place to work. We take pride in the diversity of our workforce — each individual’s background, viewpoint, experience and skills make us stronger as a global team. Working at Dentons means you will have access to an exceptional learning environment and development opportunities that allow you to achieve your full potential on both a professional and personal level.
We employ over 7500 lawyers who operate out of over 350 offices across 50 countries around the globe.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
Our approach is driven by a strong commitment to service and quality client relationships. Through our network of member firms we can offer unparalleled expertise across a range of key industry sectors including: Corporate; Financial Services; Energy & Natural Resources; Healthcare; Insurance & Reinsurance; Real Estate (including Infrastructure); Retail & Consumer Products; Technology; Telecoms & Media.
- Fieldfisher LLP
Fieldfisher LLP is one of the UK’s largest law firms and a leader in its field. Since its founding in 1849, the firm has had a long history of providing high-quality service to its clients. Fieldfisher is committed to providing excellent client service and continues to grow its business through mergers with other firms and expansions into new markets. The firm maintains offices throughout Europe, Asia Pacific and North America; it also has strong relationships with local lawyers around the world who work together on various projects.
A solicitor is an attorney who focuses on civil (non-criminal) legal matters like contracts or real estate transactions.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- You must be a penultimate year law student.
- You can apply for the summer internship programme.
- The deadline for submission of applications is in the previous autumn.
- Applications are made online and require you to upload your CV and cover letter, which should outline why you wish to take part in this specific internship programme at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and what makes you unique as an applicant.
- You will work within a team of three or four interns (and potentially more if there are not enough applicants).
- If chosen, interns receive formal training on how they should conduct themselves during their placement period at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP; they also receive regular feedback from their supervisors during that time as well as an assessment once it ends so that they will know how they performed throughout their placement period. There is no formal assessment component when applying for this internship program though — all decisions about who gets accepted onto it are based on self-assessment forms filled out by both applicants and employers alike which ask questions about each applicant’s academic record, past work experience etcetera
Goodwin Procter LLP
As an intern at Goodwin Procter LLP, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with attorneys in the firm’s litigation and corporate departments. You’ll get hands-on experience in corporate law, securities laws, and international transactions (including mergers and acquisitions). You will also have the chance to work on matters as diverse as patent infringement lawsuits, trade secret cases, intellectual property licensing agreements, mergers & acquisitions transactions and other practice areas.
Goodwin Procter LLP is a major international law firm with offices in Boston; London; New York City; San Diego; San Francisco and Silicon Valley (California); Washington DC; Cambridge Massachusetts; Bangalore India; Melbourne Australia; Tokyo Japan and Bratislava Slovakia
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Herbert Smith Freehills LLP is a multinational law firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It was formed on 1 October 2012 by the merger of Anglo-Australian firm Freehills and the British firm Herbert Smith.
- In 2017, Herbert Smith Freehills became one of only a small number of law firms to be named to both Vault’s top 100 Best Law Firms in the World for diversity and Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies” list for family friendliness.
law firms in london internships
The law firms in london internships are a great way to gain experience, with the added benefit that you will be learning from some of the best lawyers in the world.
Students will often take a law firm internship as part of their degree, but if you have already graduated and are looking for an opportunity to break into the industry, these placements can help build your CV and provide valuable skills.
If you want to work at one of these firms but aren’t sure how to go about it, we’re here to help!