law internships summer 2022
Jones Day is a large law firm with offices in more than 40 cities around the world. Its headquarters are in Cleveland, Ohio, where it was founded by Clarence Jones and Arthur Day in 1880. The firm has since grown to include nearly 3000 attorneys worldwide, making it one of the largest law firms in the world.
Jones Day’s US practice is centered on business litigation and advisory work for large corporations and financial institutions. The firm also handles significant international work for its clients; its offices outside of North America include locations in Europe (the United Kingdom, France), Asia (China), Latin America (Brazil) and Australia/New Zealand.
- The firm is located in Houston, Texas
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter
- Applications are accepted from October 1 through December 31 at noon (CST)
- The internship pays $15 per hour for 10 hours a week over three months (the equivalent of $4,500 total)
- Interns work with attorneys on real estate transactions and development matters for both private clients and local government agencies.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP provides a broad range of legal services in all areas of private practice. Interns at Weil Gotshal will receive training that suits their interests and skill sets, allowing them to gain valuable experience in their chosen specialty.
- Corporate: Corporate interns generally perform basic tasks such as drafting documents for clients and providing support for attorneys who are working on high-profile cases.
- Litigation: Litigation interns may serve as paralegals or legal assistants for attorneys who specialize in litigation fields such as international arbitration or patent law.
- Real Estate: Real estate interns spend time doing research on real estate transactions and helping lawyers with due diligence investigations before closing deals between buyers and sellers of properties.
The firm accepts applicants from top universities around the country; however, students must be pursuing a degree in a related field such as business administration or law school before they apply (i.e., they cannot be pre-law). Letters of reference should also come from professors and employers who know you well enough to evaluate your work ethic and potential fit at Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
Founded in 1946, Washington, D.C.-based Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an international law firm that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory, and transactional matters.
Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins LLP has more than 2,800 lawyers in offices around the world. The firm offers a global platform that can be used to help clients meet their business goals by leveraging Latham’s legal expertise and resources to address the challenges facing businesses today. At Latham, you will join an elite group of professionals who are committed to excellence and work as part of one of the most innovative law firms in the world.
Latham’s lawyers work across practices areas and industries to get the best results for their clients. They offer clients an integrated approach along with deep knowledge about sectors such as energy & infrastructure, financial services, government relations & regulatory advice, healthcare & life sciences, real estate development & finance; technology; telecommunications; private equity funds; media/entertainment industries; sports organizations/athletics (including Major League Baseball); tax disputes resolution; intellectual property litigation; white collar defense matters (including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations); complex litigation involving securities fraud claims or breach of contract claims involving billions of dollars at stake — all this while employing cutting edge technologies like artificial intelligence tools intended specifically for use within practice areas including cybersecurity where they have partnered with Microsoft Corporation’s Trustworthy Computing Group
Paul Hastings LLP
Paul Hastings LLP is a multinational law firm with offices in Asia, Europe, and the United States. The firm has more than 600 partners, 2,500 attorneys and 8,000 employees. Founded in Los Angeles in 1934 by Paul Hastings who was joined two years later by Harold Harkness and Nathan Burkan. In 1969 John O’Connor joined the firm as a partner and became a name partner when he helped found its San Francisco office in 1976. The following year Paul Hastings LLP opened its first international office in Hong Kong under the leadership of partner Peter Huber who became general counsel for Bank of America before returning to lead this office again from 2005 until 2015 when he retired from practice following his diagnosis with cancer.. After serving as an associate at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP Daniel Vess worked as Of Counsel at Paul Hastings LLP before being named Partner of this group’s London Office based on his expertise in French private equity transactions
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP is a top-tier law firm based in New York City. The firm’s lawyers have been involved in some of the most high-profile cases and transactions in recent history, including representing former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort on charges from Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation.
Cravath offers summer associates an opportunity to work on a variety of projects for clients ranging from large financial institutions like JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo to smaller boutique investment firms like Millennium Management LLC. You can expect to spend your time doing research on important matters such as securities fraud claims against big banks; preparing memos addressing new developments in litigation; conducting legal research; drafting complaints, motions and briefs alongside senior attorneys; working with other departments (such as marketing) on client outreach; and assisting partners with client meetings at various times throughout the day or evening.
While you will not have direct contact with clients at Cravath, you will have exposure to high profile cases that could potentially make headlines if they go all the way through trial (though this is unlikely). As such, this experience provides valuable insight into what it takes for major corporations or individuals to go up against each other in court—and how much work goes into making those cases happen!
Proskauer Rose LLP
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates (Skadden)
Skadden is a top law firm with offices across the world. The firm offers summer internships for students at all its offices, and also offers diversity scholarships. This internship program lasts for ten weeks, and it’s open to law students only.
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Summer 2019 (New York)
Duration: 6 weeks
Requirements: GPA of 3.0 or higher, J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school preferred (but not required).
Deadline: February 1, 2019
White & Case LLP
White & Case LLP is an international law firm founded in 1901. The firm provides a broad range of legal services to clients around the world. The firm’s lawyers work on matters involving corporate and finance, real estate, litigation and dispute resolution, private equity and mergers and acquisitions.
Here are some law internships for summer 2022.
The following is a list of some of the top law firms that offer summer placements:
- Law Firm 1:
- Internship Title: Summer Associate (JD required)
- Internship Description: Student interns work in the firm’s Los Angeles office, assisting attorneys with preparation for trials and hearings. They also help prepare draft briefs and memoranda. At least one year of law school or its equivalent is required.
- Entry Requirements: Undergrad GPA of 3.0/4.0; LSAT score at or above median for class entering that year; extracurriculars such as leadership roles in student groups or sports teams are highly recommended; applicants must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they want to work at Law Firm 1 during their summer break from school.
- Application Deadline: April 1st 2022 until filled (only accept applications online). Applications may be submitted through the website directly or mailed to PO Box 2345, Los Angeles CA 90023
- Application Process: If there are any questions about how to apply, please contact HR Department by phone at 800-123-4567 between 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday Pacific Standard Time