legal tech internships
- An introduction to legal tech internships
- Why you should apply for a legal tech internship
- What are the benefits of a legal tech internship?
The Legal Internships at Google
Google’s Legal Internship Program is a six-week program that provides global legal support to Google. The internship will begin in July 2019 and will run through August. The student selected for this role will gain an understanding of the legal issues that arise in the technology industry, including privacy, copyright, security and user protection. You’ll also gain experience working with some very smart people who care deeply about using technology to create positive change in the world.
The student will learn by doing: researching legal issues; writing memos/briefs/letters; analyzing contracts; drafting agreements; reviewing documents such as licenses and NDAs; participating in mock depositions (and other exercises); participating in mock negotiation sessions (and other exercises); going on field trips to visit clients and partners around New York City; attending lectures by experts from outside Google on topics like artificial intelligence law or privacy laws affecting small businesses; doing pro bono work for nonprofits like White House Project or Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU); speaking at conferences held by organizations like AI Now Institute or Consumer Privacy Rights Funders Network (CPRF).
The Accenture Law Innovation Tech Internship
This program is open to those who are currently enrolled in law school and will be graduating in the summer of 2020. It’s also open to students who have graduated from law school within the last two years, so you don’t necessarily have to be finishing up your first year at this moment.
The internship is focused on legal innovation, which involves using technology and data analytics to improve legal services for clients. You’ll learn about new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning while working on projects that address some of today’s most pressing issues around justice, ethics and diversity in the law industry.
You’ll have assignments unrelated to this particular field, but they include:
- Data-related projects (such as building a database or analyzing data).
- Writing memos or briefs for upcoming cases involving cutting-edge issues like arbitration clauses or privacy rights under GDPR regulations.
- Using software tools such as Google Apps Scripts or Python libraries/packages such as Pandas/NumPy/Jupyter Notebooks etcetera…
Deloitte Legal Business Technology Internship
Deloitte Legal Business Technology Internship:
This internship is offered in London, New York and Washington D.C. and will provide you with an opportunity to gain practical experience in all aspects of legal technology. You will have the chance to work on projects that relate directly to your interests, gaining invaluable insight into specific industry sectors such as banking/finance/capital markets, or health care/pharmaceuticals while also learning about topics relevant across multiple industries such as data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI). You will have the opportunity to work on interesting tasks within this dynamic business environment while also learning from professionals doing cutting-edge work in their fields. You will have access to world class training sessions throughout your time at Deloitte, which include innovation jamborees covering emerging technologies such as blockchain and AI; workshops covering a wide range of topics including leadership development; webinars led by experts from across Deloitte; social media training sessions; mock interviews with hiring managers; and much more!
Linklaters Technology in Practice Legal Internship
- Linklaters Technology in Practice Legal Internship
- The internship is a 12-week placement with our technology, media and communications team which focuses on the way technology impacts business. You will be working closely with lawyers, patent agents and other members of our team on projects such as commercial agreements for new businesses or clients looking to upgrade existing products. We look for students who are both interested in this area of law but also have strong academic credentials, including at least an upper second-class degree from a UK university. In addition to your academic qualifications, you will need to demonstrate good communication skills (written and oral) as well as some experience of using Microsoft Office products such as Word and Outlook.
We accept applications between January 1st through March 15th each year. If you would like more information about our internships then please contact us at [email protected].
There are a lot of great legal technology internships you can apply for.
If you’re interested in legal technology, internships are a great way to get your foot in the door. A lot of companies offer summer or winter internship positions. You’ll get to work on interesting projects and see how things are done in the industry. And since these internships are usually paid, they can be a good opportunity for college students who need some extra cash.
If you want to learn more about this field, check out our list of legal tech internships below! These jobs are currently open and accepting applications from qualified candidates: