student internships in london
- Finance and accounting
- Human resources (HR)
- Sales, marketing and business development
Technology internships are available in all sectors: start-ups, large corporates and government agencies. Internship roles include data analysts, software engineering trainees, digital marketers and more. Most technology internships are available to students at undergraduate level but some employers may offer opportunities for postgraduate-level interns too.
Media, culture and creative
Media, culture and creative
- NHS. The National Health Service is the largest employer in the UK, with over 1.7 million staff. It offers a number of opportunities for students in different fields, including nursing and midwifery; allied health professions; physiotherapy; pharmacy; social work; occupational therapy; speech and language therapy; radiology technicians; pathology laboratory technicians; X-ray technicians; pharmacy technician assistants and researchers into public health issues.
- London City Hall – The Mayor’s Office for Policing And Crime (MOPAC) provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience within public sector organisations through internships in areas such as business development, human resources or communications teams.
- BBC – By joining one of the BBC’s many departments as an intern you could gain valuable insight into how this internationally famous media organisation operates on a day-to-day basis and develop your skillsets whilst also working alongside senior managers who have held some very high profile positions during their careers at the BBC including Director General Mark Thompson who left his post two years ago after being appointed Deputy Chairman at Royal Mail Group PLC following a long stint there as Chief Executive Officer before becoming CEO again at News Corporation where he served until 2004 when he decided it was time to move onto pastures new after nearly 20 years spent within its walls!
The London legal market is very competitive, and law firms expect interns to work hard. You will be expected to attend briefing sessions on the clients you will be working with, as well as observations of real clients in their offices. You should also have experience in drafting case summaries and attending client meetings.
It is important that you are able to demonstrate your strengths when applying for an undergraduate or graduate law internship program, so it’s a good idea to include some work samples such as essays or journal articles in your application.
Finance and accounting
- Finance and accounting internships focus on the financial aspects of a business or organization, such as taxes, banking, auditing and budgeting. An accounting internship can be for any level of experience. As with many other areas of finance and accounting, you could graduate from college without any work experience and still get hired for an entry-level role at a company if you have a degree in this area.
- In addition to working in the offices of various companies or organizations, interns sometimes have the opportunity to visit conferences and seminars where they learn about new trends in the field. These experiences can be particularly valuable because they allow interns to meet professionals who may become future colleagues or mentors.
Engineering is an umbrella term that encompasses a wide range of disciplines. Its focus lies in the design and building of structures, machines and systems. Jobs in engineering are highly sought after as it helps to drive innovation, maintain competitiveness and develop new products for the 21st century economy.
The UK has one of the most advanced economies in the world, driven by its high-quality infrastructure that supports economic growth across industry sectors such as manufacturing, construction and transport infrastructure maintenance. Engineering is vital for this process to happen smoothly, so having a well-trained workforce is essential for continued economic growth in Britain’s future.
Consulting, strategy and operations
Consulting, strategy and operations internships are a great way to learn about an industry. They offer you the opportunity to work on real business problems and can give you a competitive advantage when applying for graduate jobs. These types of internships can be found in many industries including consulting, digital marketing, technology, retail and finance.
Consulting companies often look for candidates with high levels of academic achievement who have studied at top universities such as Harvard or University College London (UCL). If you work in this field it is essential that have good communication skills as well as being able to think analytically